Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Completely Irresponsible Report from Israeli Media: "Bush to Attack Iran"

Israeli Army radio reported as fact that President Bush intends to attack Iran's nuclear facilities before the end of his term. The Jerusalem Post picked up the story and amplified it, then Drudge Report put it up in bold red letters.

I'm a big fan of freedom of the press... but seriously! If the report is true, it is an unforgivable exposure of secret discussions, it jeopardizes personnel and serves advance notice to Tehran. It directly endangers the national security of the United States, and even more so the national security of Israel. If the report is not true, or just plain guess-work with no real basis in fact one way or the other, it is a grossly irresponsible disclosure. Either way, whoever gave the green light for this story should be placed in a job with far less responsibility by the grown-ups at those outlets.

Readers of this blog know that I support taking actions against Iran's nuclear facilities, and Know that I'm a strong pro-Israel blogger. But sometimes I just have to roll my eyes at the sheer stupidity and irresponsibility to come out of the Israeli press. Ideally, I would really just prefer to wake up one morning, turn on the TV and learn that Iran's nuclear facilities have suffered a terminal setback.

1 comment:

  1. I'm in agreement here: A proponents of not only airstrikes, but scorched earth regime change Iran if we could, which naturally follows from my neoconservatism.

    But I didn't think this was a genuine story when I first saw news of it. Nice analysis...

    ReplyDelete

Please keep it clean. Comments do not reflect the opinion of this blog and are the sole opinion of the commenter. We reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason. Of course, opposing views are welcomed.

Auto-flagged and monitored IP addresses:
Teksavvy - IP 76.10.141, Onterio, Canada.
Charter Communications - IP 68.188.68. Ballwin, Missouri