Saturday, April 21, 2007

Elizabethtown


I just watched the movie 'Elizabethtown' on HBO; a Cameron Crowe film released in 2005, I never got the chance to see it in the theater; and even though wacko hate-America lefties Susan Sarandon and Alec Baldwin have secondary rolls in the film, 'Elizabethtown' captures the positive essence of America in ways that are rarely seen on film. Crowe is one of my all-time favorite directors (Almost Famous) and he does not disappoint in this wonderful film; his use of music to capture atmosphere is, as always, masterful. This is a movie that I would highly recommend for my European friends and readers, especially those who love to hate America all day long. I tend to trash Hollywood a lot on this site so when I come across a film that moves me, it really is a joyful experience and worth a post. ELIZABETHTOWN, check it out on HBO or DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it clean. Comments do not reflect the opinion of this blog and are the sole opinion of the commenter. We reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason. Of course, opposing views are welcomed.

Auto-flagged and monitored IP addresses:
Teksavvy - IP 76.10.141, Onterio, Canada.
Charter Communications - IP 68.188.68. Ballwin, Missouri